Kristin represents businesses and individuals in their immigration matters. Kristin started her career in immigration law at SafeHouse Denver, coordinating its immigration program to help immigrant victims of domestic violence. She represented asylum-seekers fleeing torture and persecution in their home countries. Kristin then gained valuable experience in federal litigation before returning to the field of immigration and nationality law. Before starting her own practice, Kristin gained valuable experience in employment and family-based immigration, removal defense, and employer sanctions litigation at a Denver law firm. She is a founding partner of Johnson Knudson LLC and its successor, Knudson & Associates LLC.
Kristin specializes in helping employers bring employees of extraordinary ability to the United States, advising and representing businesses on transferring workers to the U.S., and preparing petitions for investors and entrepreneurs. She provides high quality, compassionate representation to families, victims of crime and immigrants in removal proceedings. Kristin speaks fluent Spanish and provides efficient, effective service to Spanish-speaking clients.
- Admitted to the Colorado Supreme Court, the U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, and the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Chair of the Colorado Chapter of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), 2019-2020
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Colorado Chapter of AILA, 2016-present
- Board Member, Colorado Lawyers Committee, 2019-present
- Executive Committee Member, Colorado Bar Association’s Immigration Section, 2017-2019
- Member of the AILA Colorado U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Liaison Committee, 2014-2015
- Chair of the AILA Access to Services Committee, 2013-2015
- Member of the AILA Colorado Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, 2014-2015
- Chair of the U Visa Working Group, 2012