Due to the current unstable security situation in Yemen, there are a few new immigration relief options that may assist eligible Yemeni nationals.
Immigration relief measures that may be available include:
- Change or extension of nonimmigrant status for an individual currently in the United States, even if the request is filed after the authorized period of admission has expired.
- Extension of certain grants of parole made by USCIS.
- Expedited adjudication and approval, where possible, of requests for off-campus employment authorization for F-1 students experiencing severe economic hardship.
- Expedited adjudication of employment authorization applications, where appropriate.
- Consideration for waiver of fees associated with USCIS benefit applications, based on an inability to pay.