Immigration Paralegal Position
Our firm is looking for an Immigration Paralegal to join our office full-time. We specialize in immigration and naturalization law. Our firm has a robust family and employment-based immigration, removal defense, naturalization, and humanitarian/asylum practice. We foster a collegial atmosphere that values work-life balance and healthy living, while providing opportunities for professional growth.
The successful applicant will demonstrate strong writing and communication skills and excellent organizational skills. The applicant must demonstrate dedication to working as a part of a team and to the immigrant community we serve. Experience as an immigration paralegal is preferred but not required. Experience in business, family, humanitarian and removal cases will be considered. Bilingual Spanish-English is required. Other foreign language skills are a plus.
The duties include:
- Preparing family-based immigration petitions.
- Preparing documents necessary for consular processing.
- Preparing humanitarian-based applications for benefits including asylum, U visas, VAWA, T visas, and Deferred Action.
- Preparing motions and evidence to file in immigration court.
- Working closely with clients to gather necessary documentation and information.
- Exercising discretion to properly triage questions.
- Tracking important deadlines and eligibility dates for a large case load.
- Working efficiently in a fast-paced law office.
Compensation depends on experience, and ranges from $41,600 – $58,240 per year. Our full benefits package includes PTO, health and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, and Simple IRA with employer match.
Please send your resume and tailored cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be asked for at least two references if selected to interview based on application materials.